Friday, April 12, 2013

2013 NaPoWriMo #12: Singsong Heart

Miz Quickly's PROMPT TWELVE

Choose one of the poems you’ve written this month. 

Paste it into a Text Scrambler or Cut Up Machine

Google Translate it through two or three languages
Break it into phrases and try the Sentence Builder
Find new lines and phrases you like and use them
to alter the original poem. You may want to replace lines or add.


I used 2 of my NaPo poems from last week: Stellar Blessings and Aphrodite On The Farm, put them in cut-up and scrambler. The result follows. This was VERY entertaining! Thanks again, Miz Quickly!!

Singsong Heart
In distant wonderland
ancient blessings
spill from golden puddles 
beside the Seine,
whispers of milky moonlight
swirl, repeat timeless
mantra of gentle Aphrodite.
She allows the magic of the goddess
to enter her reality
with every breath she takes.

5 comments:

flaubert said...

That turned out very nice, Marianne. It was fun to use those tools, wasn't it?

Pamela

Anonymous said...

Like you I had no idea those sites existed. It was hard to stop playing and actually do a poem, lol. Like what you created, playing is the very best way to learn anything. And we all needed a break, didn't we?

Elizabeth

mizquickly said...

Worked out really well.
Fun, aren't they?

brenda w said...

This is great! The tools were a boon for me today. Don't know that I could have written without them.

This is cohesive, and I love the whispers of milky moonlight...

Stan Ski said...

What a cool mix!