Miz Quickly's PROMPT NINTEEN: WISH YOU WERE HERE
A “wish you were here” postcard poem. Something to fit a 3×5 postcard. Just write the poem, or go all the way and combine text and image. Or imagine you’ve just grabbed the postcard/photo to write on–a poem that has nothing to do with the image, or didn’t until you created the tension by putting the two together. Have fun: make us envy you.
Poem On A Postcard
I took this photo just now, looking out my window. I really doubt anyone will envy me. You are probably thinking: Poor you. So glad I'm NOT there! Heard 7.2 inches of crazy April snow has fallen.
I took this photo just now, looking out my window. I really doubt anyone will envy me. You are probably thinking: Poor you. So glad I'm NOT there! Heard 7.2 inches of crazy April snow has fallen.
Deep Into Spring
winter hangs on, cloaked
in thick, woolly silence.
Nose pressed to
lace-etched window glass,
she watches snowflakes drift
from bruised sky onto
the broken prism of day.
Filled with vague longings,
she dreams of roses
tumbling at the back door.
7 comments:
Maybe not right now.
Beautiful, though, and I'll be dreaming of it long before August.
Just a bit of sun would do for me...!
Just a bit of sun would do for me...!
Marianne, beautiful words and photo, though I am sure I wouldn't like it in April either.
Pamela
We are having much of the same. My sister calls me each morning trying to blame me for the weather. I don't let her, but she will go on,
Elizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/overnight-special-delivery/
I bet you are wishing you were somewhere else! Winter seems to have its boots under the table where you are. It was like that here, but Spring has at long last sprung, so there's hope for you yet.
No snow here, but we do have a frost warning for tonight.
Post a Comment