Miz Quickly's PROMPT TWENTY-FOUR: WORDLE
Miz Q. graciously provided a dozen
slab, modest, palm, value, boring, guest, detour, furiously, shocked, knot, transfer, aftermath.
Morning Ritual
I woke today,
thinking I'd like
to eat eggs,
tender warm whites,
reliably runny yellows,
a thick, crusty slab
of fresh-baked bread.
I hold egg against my palm,
modest participant,
gently transfer to pot.
Water boils furiously,
then a quick shock in cold
and I peel chalky skin,
add a healthy dash
of fresh ground pepper,
sprinkle of sea salt,
soft-boiled perfection.
No boring repast, this.
Come, have a seat,
be my guest.
be my guest.
6 comments:
Sounds yum.
Now I'm going to have to hit Bagel Face on the way to the museum.
You don't have to ask twice!
Stock up!
Ah sounds delicious, how much room you got?
Elizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/uninvited/
mmmm... even for dinner. This is delicious, Marianne. I'm with Quickly...love my eggs with bagels.
Oh dear, I just finished dinner and now I want an egg. What a sensory piece. Yes, quite odd where you and I went with the words.
Pamela
Post a Comment