Sunday, April 28, 2013

NaPoWriMo 2013 #28 and Wordle #106: Long Ago

New wordle words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
either, harrowing, marrow, grubs, thin, oath,
saw, guess, rare, march, borrow, transparent

Many Years Ago
When I was a girl, willow thin
and achingly transparent,  
my innocence was an oath 
whispered to the wind.
I dream of those
borrowed, sunlit days,
rare and golden,
the marrow 
of wild blackberries
sweet on my tongue.
At night, I see 
white flower petals
fluttering like moths
in the dark.
In the morning,
they're gone.




8 comments:

Richard King Perkins II said...

This is a good poem.

Stan Ski said...

So Marianne... what IS the difference... ;)

brenda w said...

Gorgeous. The image of the moths following the 17 year old's discovery is powerfully beautiful. Deep and rich. I love this piece, Marianne.

Unknown said...

I really like the image of teenage years as borrowed sunlit days

Anonymous said...

I'm with Brenda, really like this poem and where you took it. It's beautiful,

Elizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/04/28/pushed-beyond-limits/

Old Egg said...

I could see and sense the morning of her life in these beautiful words. Bravo!

flaubert said...

I agree with the others this is lovely piece of writing, Marianne.

Pamela

teri said...

Marianne- Such a sweet piece. Spring time and fleeting flower petals- reminders of where we have been.