Use all, or some, of these words in a poem:
mouth, vow, drone, space, chants, sun,
binding, crook, circling, broken, cave, fist
Phantasmagoria
After weeks of muddled days I wake
to find the sun cracked and broken,
golden shards littering the ground.
to find the sun cracked and broken,
golden shards littering the ground.
A crooked old man, bald
and toothless, circles the space,
and toothless, circles the space,
chanting strange words,
shaking his fist at the empty sky.
The world is running out,
he drones with authority.
I remember blue shadows on snow
and sun pennies sparkling on the lake,
soft sunlight washing the house
pink in late afternoon and
Mama's plastic daisy pinwheels
glowing white in the sunshine
against dark green grass.
The world is running out,
he drones with authority.
I remember blue shadows on snow
and sun pennies sparkling on the lake,
soft sunlight washing the house
pink in late afternoon and
Mama's plastic daisy pinwheels
glowing white in the sunshine
against dark green grass.
11 comments:
Rich images of sun run through this piece. I love how you wove the words, Marianne.
Beautiful way to use the words, rich and lavish descriptions of the dance of sunlight. And the old man is a great contrast to all the rest. Wonderful writing,
Elizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/from-mizfits-mouth-to-your-ear/
Love the title. As always your setting always grabs me.
This is lovely! Womensong
The imagery is so vivid and rich, the title really suits the poem. I love the magical quality of the piece
A powerful end to perfect (or near perfect) days. Thought provoking, Marianne.
Marianne, you set this up with some gorgeous imagery.
Pamela
p.s. Sorry I am late getting round to read. I have been feeling under the weather for a couple of days.
A poem for time forgotten brought forth with the wordle words. I love it. The imagery is magical.
I have always wondered what those glittering discs were on the water, so they are sun pennies!
Lovely images, colourful memories, well captured.
Lovely! Sun pennies an apt description - must remember this!
Anna :o]
Post a Comment