Use all, or some, of these words:
thunderous, spit, messages, count, soup, thousand
thunderous, spit, messages, count, soup, thousand
red, dish, front, dressing, charm, pulsing
Journey By Train
I took the train to the city,
life pulsing around me,
found myself absorbed
in the passengers, listening
to their conversations,
the countless intimate details
of unremarkable lives.
to their conversations,
the countless intimate details
of unremarkable lives.
The world outside the window
moved too fast to be real,
rivers flowing swiftly
under red brick bridges,
memories flying into the future.
memories flying into the future.
Destiny spit a thousand messages
into the thunderous discord
of wheel against rail,
but no one heard.
into the thunderous discord
of wheel against rail,
but no one heard.
11 comments:
"Thunderous discord of wheel against rail" Whew! Nice.
Funny, I thought of trains, too. Just couldn't get them in.
Love the ending... so thought-provoking.
"Destiny spit a thousand messages into the thunderous discord of wheel against rail, but no one heard."
WOW!
Love this! Took me on a wonderful journey and I also loved the "thunderous discord of wheel against rail".
Me too. Great ending verses. Randy
I loved the idea of memories flying into the future! Very Zen-like thought! And the sound of a train could do just that! My First Whirl
what a perfect poem, the ending just simple prefect.
The last line adds a whole new dimension to it.
Marianne, you had me at train. Agree with David. That last line... A good journey well written.
Marianne, you have some wonderful phrasing in this poem. I love trains.
Pamela
This is wonderful. The use of trains is perfect.
Post a Comment