The Sunday Whirl.
Use all, or some, of these words in a poem:
beam, anchor, shift, close, heart, phrase,
range, connect, current, fertile, layers, yield
Change Of Season
Anchored in layers of memory,
the seasons shift and fade,
one connecting to the next
beneath the same infinite sky.
Fertile spring emerges
from the dregs of winter,
yields to dazzling summer,
from the dregs of winter,
yields to dazzling summer,
gives way to mellow fall and
finally, cruel winter appears again.
The cycle repeats, over and over.
The cycle repeats, over and over.
Heavy of heart, she struggles to find
her way through the year.
her way through the year.
Predestined, the light changes
from icy white to warm honey,
the wind speaks to her
and she's free.
from icy white to warm honey,
the wind speaks to her
and she's free.
7 comments:
Warmth can give the heart freedom after a cold winter!
Yes, there is a sameness to the world, and even the seasons, yet, we have our little dramas on a dayly basis.
Have always enjoyed living in an environment that has four distinct seasons like the one in your poem. Some seasons are harsh and difficult but one learns that things will change and that is freeing.
Elizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/before-breaking-silence/
Nice relation of season to person -- and I really like the spoken power in the ending.
I love that there are two parallel stories here, one about the seasons and the other her feelings of loss until nature tells her that she must put away the past and begin again.
I love "infinite sky" and warm honey. Wonderful.
This is bittersweet in its telling, Marianne. Nicely written piece.Those words aroused such sadness in me and I ended up cutting a lot of them, that is why I posted so late. I couldn't get a handle on my feelings really.
Pamela
Post a Comment