Saturday, June 22, 2013

Wordle #114: Edge Of Complexity

New prompt words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl.
Use all, or part, of them in a poem:
tracks, edge, files, lie, mess, complex,
gas, forest, still, pale, answers, class


Edge Of Complexity
It takes a long time 
to get there from here;
takes a long time 
to get there from 
just about anywhere.
After decades of bad choices,
she stands on the brink, 
still and pale, her life
a warped mess of lies.
She slips into the abyss,
breaks apart like a rotten tree 
in the forest, her moment over.

12 comments:

Stan Ski said...

Think I'm still at the 'years of bad choices' stage of the journey...

Unknown said...

Hopefully she can learn something from all those bad choices...

Laurie Kolp said...

Aww, sad. Mine is a bit similar...

Old Egg said...

That's evolution! Someone has to make the mistakes or we will never learn.

brenda w said...

The brink of the abyss... a life of poor choices. Sigh. This is sad, Marianne. Well written. It evokes the pointlessness of existence.

Nanka said...

The complex intricacies of the labyrinth mind can never be read right!! Ask not the reason why when the mind makes a choice!!

Anonymous said...

Great poem with wonderful visuals.

Anonymous said...

I think many of us share those years of bad choices, and thankfully even learn something from them on occasion. Nicely done,

Elizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/06/23/lost/

irene said...

Yea, going down with bad choices is a slippery thought indeed.

Maggie Grace said...

Am hoping I go out a little more gracefully. The words lead down a dark trail. Well done!

De Jackson said...

Nice work. I have been there.

flaubert said...

I think sometimes we all make bad choices, but hopefully we learn. Poignant write.

Pamela