Saturday, June 15, 2013

Wordle #113: As She Lies Sleeping

New wordle prompt from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl.
Use all, or some, of the words in a poem:
moonshine, anything, scoop, cave, shatters, wake, 
giggle, cut, load, sense, splits, crazy, chattering


As She Lies Sleeping
The night air is warm,
smells like fresh-cut grass.
Dazzling shatters of moonshine 
trail across the sidewalk,
chatter along the wall to the window.
Scoops of silvery light gently
surround her as she lies sleeping.
The moon splits in the clear sky;
giggles of stars spin in every direction.
Toward morning, the stars fade
and the sun rises in flawless blue.
She wakes from dreamless slumber;
a new day unfolds, anything is possible.

9 comments:

Stan Ski said...

The kind of night you don't mind being kept awake by...

Nanka said...

Amazing how easily you have done this with so much perfection!! Applause!!

Maggie Grace said...

This is so beautiful and adore how you have the stars giggling.

brenda w said...

Beauty and contentment... I love moments like these. Thanks for plugging away at the wordles, Marianne. I like our Sunday connections.

Old Egg said...

It is good to change course and marvel at the wonder of the night.

J Cosmo Newbery said...

How does one get an night like that?

irene said...

Magical moonlit night to stay up for!

flaubert said...

Marianne, this is beautiful and concise. A lovely poem.

Pamela

Jules said...

I am usure if I could rest without dreams...but I would try to if it meant to hear the stars giggle.

I added to my story again this week.
Cheers.