Overcome with dread,
I stare at the fat snow flakes
drifting outside my windows.
I stare at them but I don't see them.
Fear fills my stomach
and nausea comes.
My beautiful daughter is sick,
symptoms upsetting,
(numbness, tingling,
overwhelming fatigue).
Positive ANA, abbreviation for
Anti Nuclear Antibodies.
Tests and symptoms point
to an auto immune disease.
The words send a chill through me.
Waiting for a diagnosis...
Still waiting.
NOTES:
I jotted down some of these words about 4 weeks ago, when symptoms started.
Daughter Katie has been going for tests to discover what's going on.
She's been having numbness in her right foot and right hand.
Numbness that doesn't go away all day.
After 2 rounds of blood tests, her doctor currently thinks she has a B12 deficiency.
2 comments:
First of all, Marianne, it is very brave of you to write about this truly terrifying experience for both your daughter and you.
I am sending you all good juju for a simple solution.
Love,
Pamela
I agree with Pamela, Marianne. You speak of a terrifying situation. I remember how I felt when my oldest daughter was diagnosed with MS about six years ago, and fully understand about looking but being blind to whatever was there. Life is often such a turmoil. But we do get through it somehow. Sending prayers and positive thoughts in your direction. Only two more days left of making poems. You have my email and I would hope you stay in touch.
Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/04/28/adrift/
Post a Comment