Tuesday, April 9, 2019

#9 Together Till The End

I think about the few things we agree on;
we both like pizza and a green lawn,
except maybe pizza doesn't count 
since he likes sausage and I don't.
And I just remembered he hates
the dandelions that speckle our grass
and me, well, I say leave 'em for the bees.
It's much easier to think of the things 
we don't agree on. Mostly everything.
There must be something else,
after forty-eight years,
that's kept us connected.
Anyway, here we are, husband and wife,
we both like to watch TV in our PJs,
and we don't like crowds or tofu.
Maybe that's enough
to keep us together to the end.



NOTES:
Our 48th anniversary is coming up in three weeks.
Hard to believe it's been so many years. 

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I don't know, sitting together to watch tv in your pj's might just be enough. It speaks of a certain comfortableness in togetherness, warmth, acceptance, and even caring. I like your poem. The wry humor made me smile.

Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/04/09/today/

flaubert said...

Yup. Hanging out in your pjs watching tv is perfect for me.
Love this, Marianne.

Love,
Pamela

annell4 said...

Happy anniversary!! It sounds like enough.