Day 4 of the stay-at-home order.
I wake up, think I better put out
the trash and recycling bins,
before the trucks come. Then I realize
trash and recycling was yesterday.
The days have merged in a heap
of confusion and denial and despair.
I'll try hash marks on the wall.
PROMPT NOTES:
From: Poetry Super Highway
#4: Listen carefully, then write a poem that begins with a line you overheard. That can become your first line to a poem!
3 comments:
I feel this poem, Marianne. I actually forgot what day it was this past Monday. One day is just like the next day lately.
Love,
Pammy
I too struggle with which day it is. This poem a day actually helps, lol. The poems have become the "Hash Marks". Thanks for inviting me, Marianne, I might be lost otherwise...
Elizabeth
Struggling to keep the days & hours straight seems to be a universal complaint!
Elizabeth, I can't imagine The Ladies Who NaPo without you!
Post a Comment