Prompt for Day 23
I've taken just a wee bit of liberty with this prompt. I've written a poem in which I've paired things that don't usually go together ...
I admit it, I've cracked under the RWP pressure!!!
Like Two Smashed Peas In A Pod
Pickles and oysters,
two parrots named Sue,
rainbows and moonbeams
and puppies that mew.
Pancakes and mustard,
gum drops and shampoo,
popcorn and mittens
and stoves that cuckoo.
Sneakers and termites,
fish sticks and goose stew,
I've written this nonsense,
now what shall I do?
9 comments:
If this is cracking under the pressure, you're heading into your finest hours! Fun and likeable.
A little tweaking & this could be set to the tune of "My Favorite Things" from The Sound Of Music. Whee!
Best stuff is produced with a feverish brow!
Ha! Funny stuff!
Pamela
poets dont crack under presssure...i dont think....anyways well done under presssure
And I thank you for it
Maybe it's nonsense, but it's fun nonsense. I like it! :)
Brilliant and fun!
Like word anti-association. =)
Angels and demons
horses and cars
honey and lemons
janitors and movie stars.
Post a Comment