Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Napowrimo #27: let someone else take the lead

Prompt for Day 27
Write a word vertically down a page and use the letters to start the lines of a poem. When you’re done, you’ll have an acrostic poem.

First time I've done one of these!


SUNSHOWER
Spring sunshine gives way to a downpour.
Umbrellas pop up everywhere during the
Noon hour dash to grab lunch,
Sandwiches of egg salad,
Ham and cheese, tuna,
Oranges and bananas, and fancy bubbly
Water in unbreakable plastic bottles.
Erratic and unpredictable, the
Rain stops and bright April sun beams again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool acrostic. :) I like the image of umbrellas popping up.

Robin said...

Marianne--I also like the image of the the umbrellas popping up while everyone is dashing around...and then the sun reemerges. Well done! It captures the moment.

Anonymous said...

Marianne, perfect poem for April.

Anonymous said...

This pleases me, especially today when we're getting half a foot or more of new snow.

flaubert said...

Nicely done Mariann.
Pamela

Sheila Deeth said...

Sounds rather like my day. Beautifully done.

rallentanda said...

Very well done indeed.

Dan said...

Make mine PB&J.