Prompt for Day 29
Choose your favorite newspaper or online news provider. Jot down five to ten headlines that jump out at you and without reading the articles, select elements from each headline to create a new event about which your poem reports.
Random headlines selected from
St. Paul Pioneer Press, Eat section
A La Carte
After Chef Jamie Oliver
leaves town,
passions overflow,
bread will rise,
space will expand,
and Uma Thurman is 40.
Say cheese,
there will be more to wine about.
Will dill be your herb of the year, too?
6 comments:
This is a fun mash-up. I'll have to let my friend who works at the Pioneer Press (though he edits for the Sports section) know that his paper inspired such poetry ;).
Marianne--Great job! This is a lot of fun, and you did a great job keeping the food theme running throughout while weaving in other elements of the news.
Thanks for your nice comment on my post, which I REALLY don't care much for, and for visiting my blog even before I posted my link. I have been starting to feel like I’m totally out of my league with all the great poets participating in this challenge.
Clever! I like the choices you made from the headlines. They work together so well.
Clever and fun. Dill is definitely my herb of the year.I'll be sorreled when this ends tomorrow.
Very nicely put together. Guess I should use dill in tomorrow's dinner.
She doesn't look a day over 42!
Post a Comment