Yesterday was April and my adventure was the amazing Read Write Poem challenge. Today is a new month and a new adventure, Writer's Island! In case you don't know, Writer's Island is a prompt blog. Every Saturday at 12:01 AM, U.S. East Coast Time, a new writing prompt is posted on Writer's Island.
Prompt #1 – Messages
The first official new prompt is: MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE. Pretend you found a bottle washed up on the beach here at Writer’s Island. Tell us in your words (poem, prose, flash fiction) about this message.
Her Name Is Margarita
Red volcanic soil,
blue agave hearts.
Smooth, subtle,
complex and 80 proof.
Giver of false confidence,
fountain of liquid courage,
single shots with
salt and a slice of lime.
A cactus, a sunset
and a pretty senorita.
The message in this
bottle is very clear.
14 comments:
This is a great poem. I don't drink, but this poem almost makes me want to. ;-)
Oh, good. I didn't even think of that possibility.
Yay Mexico! Love this Marianne. Good to see you.
Pamela
A wonderful direction to go in with the prompt rather than the obvious take. I must admit, I've enjoy the occasional margarita but have enjoyed the straight stuff even more.
I'll take some "blue agave hearts" in a shot glass, please. Great job!
It is indeed. nicely done.
so glad to see you are continuing the adventure ~ write on!
It may take a few bottles before I get the message...
With messages like that one, I'm ready for the heat! Glad to meet up with you here!!
Wicked!Now this is what I call a chick with style!
Straight, no chaser.
You hooked me at the start.
A sensual scramble of images from the grape vine leaving a message of romance! Beautiful!
I like your interpretation of the prompt. Nice poem!
Post a Comment