Monday, April 11, 2011

NaPoWriMo #11 - Wordle Poem

Many thanks to Brenda Warren, who posted another delicious wordle at her blog yesterday, Beyond the Bozone. Check it out for an excellent prompt!


On Slum Street
Waif-like children scrambling
among dandelion weeds and
piles of ash cinders play
kick-the-can outside gloomy
tenements. Addicts and bums,
feeble from taking acid in
crash pads festooned with
cobwebs and shrouds, die in
dingy hovels echoing corrugated
laughs, while the establishment's
crucial words hum-thrum-throb
in deafening silence.

4 comments:

brenda w said...

Oh how sad, Marianne. You've painted a portrait of Slum Street, for sure! I love the word festooned, and you set in such a dirt poor circumstance. The juxtaposition is excellent. Sad or not, I love this piece!
~Brenda

flaubert said...

Marianne, sadly quite true of many places in the world. Poignant piece.

Pamela

Elizabeth said...

Marianne, I enjoyed these words and playing with them. You used them wisely, creating a very graphic reality that too many wish to ignore. We do so at our peril,

Elizabeth

Mr. Walker said...

Marianne, you did a great job with those wordle words. My take is similar; I also did "corrugated / laughs", though I like how you had the echo in there. And I like "feeble from taking acid" - a weakness of the mind.