The five minute poem. Get a kitchen timer, or use your watch, whatever. You are NOT ALLOWED to spend more than five minutes on this poem. Here’s a bit of a topic, so you don’t waste time: write your very fast poem about something fast.
I admit I spent another 5 minutes fixing this up the tiniest bit. I have trouble leaving things I write unedited. But I didn't spend more than 10 minutes total on this, honest!
Mid-Summer Monsoon
Heaven opened and
rain fell, an omnipresent
downpour, like being inside
a gigantic drive-through
car wash. Gushing, rushing
water filled streets like
rivers, as cars and bikers
struggled, an irrepressible
spurting-spouting-deluge
of liquid silver.
1 comment:
Excellent imagery, Marianne, I agree with you about the editing. It is disturbing to see typos and such in a person's writing. I am a lousy typist, and I always check my work before posting.
Pamela
Post a Comment