Friday, April 15, 2011

NaPoWriMo #15 - Write a Rictameter

RICTAMETER
A rictameter is a nine line poetry form. The first and last lines are the same with the syllable count as follows:
line 1 - 2 syllables - same as line 9
line 2 - 4 syllables
line 3 - 6 syllables
line 4 - 8 syllables
line 5 - 10 syllables
line 6 - 8 syllables
line 7 - 6 syllables
line 8 - 4 syllables
line 9 - 2 syllables - same as line 1


This Morn
Morning . . .
Mauve and purple
and bands of pale yellow
weave through bare December branches.
The sun hangs low, an old gold pocket watch.
Rises higher as I tiptoe
to make creamy oatmeal
and strong coffee.
Morning . . .

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Delightful, and especially liked the sun as old gold pocket watch.
Liked the form and may have to try it,

Elizabeth

flaubert said...

Marianne, I love what you did with this form, nice imagery. Yes, we are halfway through. I am feeling a bit of a burn from this napo, but I am enjoying the journey.

Pamela

lucychili said...

mm steamy coffee