Friday, April 22, 2011

NaPoWriMo #22 - Write a Shadorma Poem

Shadorma
The Shadorma is a Spanish poetic form made up of a stanza of six lines (sestet) with no set rhyme scheme, and a syllable pattern: 3/5/3/3/7/5. Inspired by Pamela at Poetry with me ...

Under the Moon
Sky-crazy
confusion of stars.
Forbidden,
payments due.
Seductive songs spark passion,
dancing cheek to cheek.

5 comments:

brenda w said...

Your Shadorma is quite lovely. Especially nice is "sky-crazy confusion of stars."
~Brenda

flaubert said...

Marianne, you did this form beautifully.
"Seductive songs spark passion,
dancing cheek to cheek."
I love that, what a lovely image.

Pamela
I am happy, I was an inspiration:)

Sheila Deeth said...

I've not met this form before. You make it sparkle.

Mary said...

Your shadorma is mysterious and lovely and leaves me with questions, as a good poem should!

Rallentanda said...

Indeed,so what have you been up to Madam?