Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Wordle 9 ~ A Baker’s Dozen

This wordle from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl almost wrote itself. The words fit themselves together faster than I could get them down on paper.
stories * bone * etches * temple
tangled * stardust * light * serpents
sparks * sky * threads * gossamer * slit

From the Ancients
Psalms 34:14
Sacred words drift and flutter,
follow gossamer threads of sky
as they spark through narrow
slits in the silvery firmament.
Stardust and moon-bone tangle like
serpents surrounding the temple,
and a storied message is etched
by lightning bolts, "Depart from
evil, and do good; seek peace,
and pursue it."

12 comments:

flaubert said...

Holy Cow! I love this. You have taken the words into a wonderful direction. Aren't wordles fun?

Pamela

dk said...

I agree-a completely different direction of beauty.

Good job.
Thanks
dk

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

O holy, holy, holy!

Francis Scudellari said...

I love those lines "Stardust and bone tangle like / serpents ..." I hope the message gets spread widely.

Susannah said...

SO nicely done! I really enjoyed this. :-)

Mary said...

Hi Marianne, I especially like the ending. "Seek peace, and pursue it." Indeed!

brenda w said...

This is lovely, Marianne. I felt like the words evoked ancient things, as well. I keep rereading this...Thank you. It's quite beautiful. It starts and ends with holy words.

barbara said...

Now there is one fine idea. Tight and it sounds good, too.
hurraj!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other comments and I love the title which is very much a part of this poem. You have structured the content well to covey the truth of the poem.

margo

Mike Patrick said...

This wordle is bringing out the best in everyone. "Stardust and bone tangle like serpents." From the highest heights, to the lowest low, all in one moving line.

Henry Clemmons said...

I can live w/ that message:) Great job!

Mr. Walker said...

That's a great title, certainly fitting to the words and the lovely direction you took with them.

Richard