Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Wordle 12

Lovely new words for this week's wordle prompt from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
whim * instinct * logic * resist
buzz * fluttered * world * thought
twisted * river * galloping * poem


In Absolute Terms
Because all the world's a poem,
it tends to blunder awkwardly along,
flutter heedlessly like a moth to
the flame, twist mindlessly like a river.
Instincts gallop at full tilt, words buzz
playfully, throb and thrum on a whim.
Nothing is permanent, everything is reworked.
Complex thought kicks in, pummels every line,
while logic scrutinizes sentences, resists
further editing and the last stanza
is finally written in black and white.

8 comments:

Traci B said...

Great poem, Marianne! An apt description of so many writing sessions.

Interesting that we could read the same words, distill the same theme from them, and yet write two completely different poems. :)

Susannah said...

I enjoyed this, and recognised . . .

"Complex thoughts kick in, pummel every line,
while logic scrutinizes sentences"

Well described!

I always enjoy seeing where the wordle words take us. :-)

flaubert said...

I agree with Susannah and Traci, you describe the writing process very well, Marianne.

Pamela

Mike Patrick said...

I like, "Because all the world is a poem." Shakespeare thought it a stage, but both are settings for words in black and white. All we have to do is capture them. You did.

dk said...

Exactly how I feel when I'm writing. Perfect description.
dk

Anonymous said...

A sparkling description of the writing of poetry. Great use of the prompt words, too, Marianne! Amy

irene said...

Marianne, I too like the idea of the world as a poem -- fluttering until the last stanza. It seems ironic that it's in black and white.

Mr. Walker said...

Marianne, I really like that idea in your first line, of the world as a poem. I like the idea of blundering along, like a toddler? And then the ending suggests an obituary, as if you got an entire life, and the world, and writing poetry all at once.

Richard