Another inspiring treasure trove of wordle words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
image * splinters * fear * rattles
holy * fortress * voices * jangle
sprout * pierce * weed * vision
What Lies Ahead
A haunting vision
comes in nightmare form,
stalks her waking hours.
Phantom voices jangle her nerves,
fear rattles the holy fortress
of her psyche, ghostly images
splinter in every direction,
sprout like weeds in hell,
pierce her tortured soul.
She sees the future
and she is damned.
10 comments:
Wow! We moved down very similar paths, but your poem is far more adament in its purpose. Crisp and concise,
Elizabeth
I really like this. Great use of the wordle. Perhaps the future should not be known.
I love how the fast pace adds to the suspense.
Haunting and intense. Sometimes in life there IS no happy ending.
The words fell together nicely..a sense of being damned is very real.
Powerful poeming. I would have preferred an 'if' at the beginning of your penultimate line!
"Phantom voices jangle her nerves,
fear rattles the holy fortress
of her psyche," - I love 'the holy fortress of her psyche'!
Powerful, intense and well wordled! I enjoyed reading this. :-)
I love this line:
'sprout like weeds in hell'
Holy Cow! You brought fear to my guts, Marianne. This is a powerful write. I feel dislodged when I read it. I applaud you for taking me to that place.
~Brenda
Excellente' worlde poem, Marianne. I am late getting round to read. We were out of town for a few days of some sun and fun.
Pamela
Post a Comment