Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wordle 33

The Sunday Whirl's new wordle words from Laurie Kolp:
amorous * subtle * inkling * laden
genuflect * vanilla * mission * bark
crusted * precipice * December * trivet



A Wintry World

December wraps me in his amorous
frost-laden coat, subtle with icy splendor.
I'm living inside a spruce forest snow
globe balanced on a tree bark trivet.
Inklings of flakes gently swirl and fall.
Tangled crystal images of this ice crusted
world refract on their magical mission.
The future genuflects before me on an
untraveled path of pristine white powder.
There is wonder in everything I see.

10 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

I love this...especially:

I'm living inside a spruce forest snow
globe balanced on a tree bark trivet.
Inklings of flakes steadily swirl and fall.

Daydreamertoo said...

Isn't it an amazing thing, to see the wonders about us that others just ignore.
A lovely wordle.

Mary said...

Beautiful writing, Marianne. I like the images and the ssssssound
of the sssoft words as I read it aloud.

brenda w said...

Marianne, We both have tree bark trivets, LOL. Great minds imagine alike... I love your piece, and agree with your last statement whole-heartedly. The snow globe image is brilliant.

Kelly E said...

I love the magical tone of this. The words this week took me to a forest as well.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I am enamoured of the image of the future genuflecting before you. Breathtaking!

Whirling Haiku

flaubert said...

Oh,Marianne, there is wonder in this beautiful piece of writing.

Pamela

irene said...

Marianne, you've painted a beautiful picture of winter. :)

Traci B said...

Gorgeous! I love the line about the future genuflecting before you; so unexpected and empowering. We tend to think of ourselves bowing to the future, not it kneeling before us.

Anonymous said...

A great poem Marianne.
Like Traci I loved the idea of Future genuflecting.