Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NaPoWriMo Day 17: Spillin' Diamonds

I combined two prompts today. Maureen Thorson posted three pictures, all loosely based around the idea of the ocean. I picked this picture, then combined it with a prompt from
Watermark, A Poet's Notebook and wrote my poem.
Write a poem that must be sung.















You are welcome to sing this. Any tune you prefer.

Spillin' Diamonds
Ain't gotta die
to get to heaven.
Heaven right here, right now.

See that sea
spillin' diamonds.
Heaven right here, right now.

Sun in my day,
sweet dreams on my pillow.
Heaven right here, right now.

See that sea
spillin' fishes.
Heaven right here, right now.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful song to wake up to this morning. Heaven is indeed all around us...if we only look.

brenda w said...

The refrain is rocking! Yuppers, I see heaven reflecting diamonds on that beautiful wet surface. (I did not try singing it....)
:)

flaubert said...

I really like this, Marianne. I chose my own tune, thanks.

Pamela