Thank you, Brenda, for an incredibly fun and challenging year. You inspired me to stretch myself, to write when I didn't think I could, and for that I am grateful!
A dozen words to celebrate The Sunday Whirl's one year anniversary, chosen by Brenda's intrepid wordlers:
aches, exquisite, abstract, shelved,
ferment, dragon, coda, shimmy,
origami, spangling, cacophony, ethereal
Pizza Dreams
A howling cacophony spangles her dreams,
ferments in the abstract inner recesses
of her psyche until her teeth ache.
Fire-breathing dragon,
exquisitely ferocious,
shimmies an ethereal pas de deux
as he prepares to eat her for dinner.
Final coda to this strange tale,
beware eating pepperoni pizza
and reading books about origami dragons
found on dusty library shelves
before going to bed.
Please pass the Parmesan.
11 comments:
pas de deux is a great description for this light-hearted delight. Graceful and humorous, Marianne.
Oh this is a wonderful Birthday Gift to all and to The Whirl! ... :)
Cute! When I was little my mom would tell me (when she was going somewhere and a babysitter was coming) that too much junk food before bed causes nightmares.
This made me laugh! I bet those dreams would be quite exotic! (And one might awaken in the night finding that Tums would calm them down. LOL.)
Your poem is great fun. Love the first three lines, especially.
We both had the same thought about origami dragons... this all made me smile :)
Marianne, a delightful piece of writing, and I agree what a lovely birthday present.
Pamela
Delightful!
LOL, thank you for the laugh Marianne. I love your light hearted touch today. Brava!!
Ah - this was a refreshing take on these words; quite different than anything else I've come across so far and quite believable vis-a-vis what would happen if you ate the pizza before bed ... nice
http://aleapingelephant.blogspot.ca/2012/04/coda-of-crows-dragons-angels-and-swans.html
:-) Pizza will get you every time.
Post a Comment