Musical Notes (15 words or less):
Post inspired by Neil Diamond’s song - I am... I said
http://1sojournal.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/musical-notes-prompt-1
Another Hot August Night
(septolet)
Far
from home,
I miss
the city lights.
Time
to find
my way back.
Notes:
The Septolet is a poem consisting of seven lines containing fourteen words with a break in between the two parts. Both parts deal with the same thought and create a picture.
Regarding the photo: I took this picture a few years ago at a book release party. It has always made me think of Neil Diamond's song and the words:
"I am"...I said
To no one there
And no one heard at all
Not even the chair
"I am"...I cried "I am"...said I
And I am lost and I can't
Even say why
Leavin' me lonely still."
Photo: M. McNamara

5 comments:
Nice night, just another August night.
Is the one black chair, the black sheep, the prodigal? Really like how you took words from the song and turned them to your own meaning. This is really quite fun to see what everyone has done.
Elizabeth
Oohh...a new (short!) form I've not heard of until now. I will have to try it sometime soon!
With that said...I love the break between the two stanzas. It works perfectly here! I like it!
:) Paula
nice!
and thank you for introducing me to a new short form!
I always love septolets, Marianne. Beautiful.
Pamela
Post a Comment