Saturday, April 6, 2013

2013 NaPoWriMo #6: In Springtime

DAY 6 PROMPT: WRITE A SEPTOLET
The Septolet is a poem consisting of seven lines containing fourteen words with a break in between the two parts. Both parts deal with the same thought and create a picture. 

In Springtime
Regardless 
of where
I wander

warming 
earth exhales, 
a softly-sucking,
squishy-squelching sigh.


NOTES:
This has been, and continues to be, a very busy Saturday. 
I feel like the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland:
I'm late!
I'm late!
For a very important date!
No time to say "Hello", goodbye!
I'm late!
I'm late!
I'm late!

4 comments:

brenda w said...

Late or not, you are here! That always running behind feeling gets tiresome. Thanks for the Septolet reminder. I'll be grasping at straws at some point. And forms sure help.

Yours is great. I love the onomatopoeia.

Jules said...

New form...New short form, bonus!!!
Thank you Marianne.

You have describe our season this year...our elusive spring.

When you catch up I've also posted a Miz Q piece here:
http://julesgemsandstuff.blogspot.com/2013/04/miz-q-6-my-sharona.html

You've made your own spring ensemble...music wise :)

flaubert said...

You are the queen of the Septolets, Marianne. Love it.

Pamela

Anonymous said...

I too am grateful for the form, the shorter ones especially are great for the Napo month. I like your verses, they sing,

Elizabeth
http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/