Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Sunday Whirl #104 and NaPoWriMo Day 14: Nine Degrees of Saturation

New wordle words from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl:
saturate, control, bold, unwind, sword, often
skeptical, slight, might, sigh, ninth, threshold

Nine Degrees Of Saturation
At her table near the window
she admires the soft light,
white china trimmed
with blue flowers,
the red teapot, a half dish
of raspberries and cream.
Unwinding snowy linen napkin,
a slight sigh of satisfaction
escapes as she delicately
nibbles butter cookies,
sips a cup of oolong tea.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

a well described scene which tells much about the character within

Misky said...

Yes, please, may I have a cup, too? :D

brenda w said...

Sounds divine, Marianne. Raspberries and cream...butter cookies. A virtual tea party.

nan said...

I'm there. Nice job capturing the moment . . . and the light.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You've captured, in just a few words, a delicately pleasurable moment.

A Dozen Whirls

Stan Ski said...

Oolong tea (_8^(l)

Jules said...

Time for thinking and reflecting.
Nice.

Thanks for your kind words and visit.

flaubert said...

Love it, Marianne. Beautiful scene.

Pamela

Walt Wojtanik said...

Marianne! Love the title and this piece. Great job.

Old Egg said...

I loved how the little personal pleasures of a solitary life shine through this piece. I felt myself unwind too just as she obviously did.

Sabra Bowers said...

Lovely tea party. I appreciate her appreciation of this moment to nurture self.

Cathy said...

Yes!! I know that feeling, though I never got that fancy. But just have that blessed feeling of peace.

Unknown said...

I'm impressed how you were able to use the words so succinctly! Now, maybe I'll go have some tea...