New wordle prompt from Brenda at The Sunday Whirl.
Use all, or some, of these words in a poem:
illuminates, impact, remote, scenes, storm, one,
haunt, litter, need, pool, lifeless, price.
On A Winter's Night
I am brittle
in this season
of icy darkness,
my heart cold
and lifeless
as January snow.
Shatters of moonlight
gleam silver,
illuminate
the frozen pool
of star-littered sky.
Deep in the forest,
wolves howl,
haunt my dreams.
Love comes, finally,
but the price is too high.
9 comments:
Brittle - I like this and sums up the way you convey the world in this
I am breathless! A wonderful piece!
Brittle was the word that set the tone of this piece for me also..such a perfect description of inside and outside..
Lovely poem.
Love always comes at too high a price that is the excitement of it. This piece certainly read well.
Mariane, love the final couplet, in all its truth and sadness. You used the words well, my friend. It is 2:45 here and I am up to start my day, because I couldn't sleep.
Have a great day, my friend,
Pamela
Lovely and lyrical. Winter's still not wrapped up huh?
I like the word brittle. I wouldn't have come up with it, but it describes the icy world so well.
funny how winter and love can be so dark....
Post a Comment