Friday, April 5, 2019

#5: It's Today


She 
stretches 
awake in the 
predawn gloom,

sheets rumpled
and twisted,
last night endless.


NOTES: 
This is a Septolet: 14 words in 7 lines, 
no line should have more than three words. 
The poem should relate to one subject, object, thought or feeling. 
The first four lines create a coherent picture or thought, the last three lines create another. Each could stand separately, but both are related.


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for this. I'm going to copy the instructions and keep them handy. I like the movement in this little gem and know these feelings well. I started having recurring dreams (nightmares) when I was very young and that resulted in a constant broken sleep pattern which mimics your words.

Elizabeth
https://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2019/04/05/twilight/

flaubert said...

Marianne,

I remember this form.
Nicely done on a subject that I know well.
I rarely sleep a normal full sleep. My bed is
always topsy turvy when I awake. Always!

I also wrote about sleeping, how weird is that?

Love,
Pamela