Swirling thickly, spring snow
falls like confetti in a snow globe.
I try to take things as they come,
not easy in a pandemic.
At his 2PM press conference,
the governor told us
to expect three waves of coronavirus.
Three waves. I did not anticipate that.
Feeling greedy, I wish we could
all live in the world again,
instead of hiding in the shadows.
But who knows when it will be possible.
4 comments:
Don't give up just yet. Yes, it's all scary. Think instead of all the things you can be grateful for. Start making a list. And yes, check it daily...
Elizabeth
Oh, I don't think God is absent. Yes, make a list, Marianne.
Love,
Pammy
I'm worried because no one knows when it will be safe for people to return to their jobs, for children to return to school. I fear the longer this goes on, the more people will rebel at staying isolated. And then all the time we're spending at home now will be for nothing. THAT'S what has me worried. Of course I have much to be thankful for, too many things to list. It would take me hours. And because I'm greedy, I want those things back someday. I want to see my children and grandchildren. I want to see my friends. I want to get a haircut and eat at my favorite Italian restaurant. I wish we could all live in the world again, instead of hiding in the shadows. But who knows when it will be possible?
I can so relate. We're on our second wave. Liking your series, Marianne.
Post a Comment