If you could see me right now,
you'd know I'm nothing special,
just an old bag of bones
with lots of extra padding,
taking up space on the planet.
Senior citizens, people just like me,
are dying from Coronavirus.
We're more vulnerable to COVID-19
because of our frail old age,
must isolate at home to stay safe.
The president wants to get folks out and working,
thinks the country needs to open up again.
That means more chances to spread the virus.
His supporters seem to think because we're old,
we should be willing to die for the economy.
I want it on record: I won't offer my life
for the gross domestic product.
I don't intend to die so that these people
can get a haircut or eat in a restaurant.
2 comments:
I am in total agreement. Thank you for putting that in such clear and concise words.
Elizabeth
Love this and am in agreement with you on this, Marianne.
Love,
Pammy
Post a Comment